Thursday, March 26, 2009

Gmail in IP phone


How I achieved this

1st you have to download this file.link

There are just two php scripts to make this work!

idle.php - This is set in the 7961G's configuration file to auto load as the idle screen after the phone is idle for 2 minutes. Basically it just tells the phone to download and display a dynamically generated PNG file.

createpng.php - this script given the 'lc' variable (WeatherZone's Location) will generate the current temp, and two day forecast. I know it's not the most efficient coding - but I am only a casual coder!
Note that I use a font I donwloaded for the big temp text which you can get here: Arial-72.gdf
I don't bother caching the generated image as I only use this service on a single phone - obviously would be worthwile if there were more than the 1 phone uitlisting the service!

No comments:

BlogCatalog

Technology Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory